Management of Dysphagia Certificate
The Management of Dysphagia Program provides participants with a thorough understanding of etiology and pathophysiology and of the management of swallowing difficulties in clinical and non-clinical settings. The Program focuses on a multidisciplinary dimension to dysphagia, incorporating ear-nose-throat specialists, speech-language pathologists, and clinical dietitians.
The Program consists of three modules, which are Dysphagia Overview from Diagnosis to Medical Management, Role of Speech-Language Therapist, and Dietary Management of Dysphagia.
- Create a holistic approach toward the treatment of dysphagia
- Classify the different causes of dysphagia and their pathology
- Identify all the diagnostic procedures of dysphagia
- Define the role of each discipline in the management of dysphagia
- Devise exercise plans for different phases of dysphagia
- Design a developed nutrition care plan for each phase of dysphagia