Chinese Language Course
The Chinese Language Course introduces the fundamental elements of the Mandarin Chinese. Participants acquire spoken and written Mandarin.
The course covers various skills, which include spoken knowledge, written initiation, listening and speaking with emphasis on phonological subtleties of Mandarin intonation and its effect on meaning, and the phonological based system (Pinyin) for reading and writing.
- Recall basic spelling rules
- Differentiate between the five tones
- Read tones fluently
- Identify commonly used strokes and the structure of Chinese characters
- Practice reading and writing of Chinese characters
- Recognize 50 to 70 Chinese characters
- Identify basic grammar rules and sentence structures
- Write simple sentences
- Compose simple dialogues